The Healthy Butcher is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information obtained by reason of your customer relationship with The Healthy Butcher. This policy explains the types of customer personal information we collect, how it is used, and the steps we take to ensure your personal information is handled appropriately. Our policies and practices have been designed to comply with the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA) and corresponding provincial privacy acts.
- Who is The Healthy Butcher?
- What is personal information?
- Our commitment to your privacy is governed by these privacy principles:
- We are accountable to you
- We let you know why we collect your personal information
- We obtain your consent to collect, use or disclose your personal information
- We limit collection of your personal information
- We limit use, disclosure and retention of your personal information
- We keep your personal information up to date and accurate
- The security of your personal information is a priority for The Healthy Butcher
- We are open about our privacy and security policy
- We respond to your questions, concerns and complaints about privacy
Personal information is information that refers to an individual specifically and is recorded in any form. Personal information includes such things as age, income, date of birth, ethnic origin, medical records and credit records.
Information about individuals contained in the following documents is not considered personal information:
• Public telephone directories, where the subscriber can refuse to be listed
• Professional and business directories available to the public,
• Pertain public registries and court records,
• Certain other publicly available printed and electronic publications.
The Healthy Butcher is responsible for all personal information under its control, including any personal information that is transferred to third parties for processing, storage or other purposes. We have employees in each of our business units who are accountable for compliance with these privacy and security principles.
The Healthy Butcher identifies the purpose for which your personal information is collected. We do this before or at the time the information is actually being collected.
The Healthy Butcher obtains your consent to collect, use or disclose personal information. The method of obtaining consent is appropriate to the type of personal information being collected, used or disclosed:
• The Healthy Butcher will obtain your express consent (verbal, written or electronic agreement) to collect, use or disclose sensitive personal information such as medical data or personal financial information.
• The Healthy Butcher will use implied consent to collect, use or disclose your personal information where one or more of the following apply:
• A customer relationship already exists,
• Express consent has previously been given,
• Where the purpose of using the personal information is reasonably apparent to you.
You can change your consent preferences at any time by contacting The Healthy Butcher's Customer Relations Centre who can help direct the call to the appropriate department within The Healthy Butcher. To change your preferences, refer to the How to Contact us section below.
The Healthy Butcher collects only the information required to provide products and services to you. If the personal information we require is collected for a reason other than to provide products and services, your consent will be obtained before or at the time the information is collected. The Healthy Butcher will collect personal information only by clear, fair and lawful means.
Examples of why we collect personal information include:
• Communicating with you generally
• Processing your applications
• Processing and keeping track of transactions and reporting back to you
• Protecting against fraud or error
• Providing product and services requested by you
• Recommending products and services that The Healthy Butcher believes will be of interest and provide value to you
• To comply with legal and governmental requirements
The Healthy Butcher uses and discloses your personal information only for the purposes it was collected. The Healthy Butcher does not sell or rent personal information to any organization or person for any reason.
We do not share your personal information with third party organizations except to offer you a product or service. If your personal information is shared with third parties, these third parties are bound by appropriate agreements with The Healthy Butcher to secure and protect the confidentiality of your personal information.
We may use service providers located outside of Canada, and, if applicable, your personal information may be processed and stored in other countries and therefore may be subject to disclosure under the laws of those countries.
The Healthy Butcher retains your personal information only as long as it is required for our business relationship or as required by federal and provincial laws.
The Healthy Butcher keeps your personal information up to date, accurate and relevant for its intended use.
You may request access to the personal information we have on record in order to review and amend the information, as appropriate. In circumstances where your personal information has been provided by a third party, we will refer you to that party (e.g. credit bureaus).
We take steps to safeguard your personal information, regardless of the format in which it is held, including:
• Physical security measures such as restricted access facilities and locked filing cabinets,
• Electronic security measures for computerized personal information such as password protection, database encryption and personal identification numbers,
• Organizational processes such as limiting access to your personal information to a selected group of individuals,
• Contractual obligations with third parties who need access to your personal information requiring them to protect and secure your personal information.
We are committed to providing you with understandable and easily available information about our policy and practices related to management of your personal information. This policy and any related information is available at all times on our web site; www.RealFoodToronto.com under Privacy and Security or on request. We provide access to your personal information stored by The Healthy Butcher.
You can request access to your personal information stored by The Healthy Butcher. To contact us, refer to the Contact Us page.
Upon receiving such a request, The Healthy Butcher will:
• Inform you about what type of personal information we have on record or in our control, how it is used and to whom it may have been disclosed.
• Provide you with access to your information so you can review and verify the accuracy and completeness and request changes to the information.
• Make any necessary updates to your personal information.
The Healthy Butcher responds in a timely manner to your questions, concerns and complaints about the privacy of your personal information and our privacy policies and procedures.
Please e-mail us: info@RealFoodToronto.com If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us.
All content copyright © 2014 RealFoodToronto.com and its affiliates. Redistribution or commercial use is prohibited without express written permission.